I hope everyone had a great hobby weekend!
Here’s a brief Monday morning update on some of the Warhammer Fantasy rumours that were floating around this weekend (and before).
Talks of a Warhammer Expansion, an update for Dwarves that – if these rumours are to be believed – will rival the massive two-month overhaul for Dark Elves, and tidbits on the expected (if GW sticks to their usual 4 year rotation) the 9th Edition of Warhammer Fantasy in 2014.
#1 - Triumph and Treachery – A Warhammer Expansion
Rumours of a new Warhammer Fantasy expansion via Faeit212.
Its a hardcover expansion book, that comes with a deck of 36 game cards, 5 player turn cards, a pouch of game victory coins, a book with galleries, new artwork, examples of battles, and the rules for playing Triumph and Treachery with 3-5 players.
The cover of the book is a Dwarf fighting a Chaos Warrior in combat, with a Dark Elf Assassin sneaking in behind.
#2 – Warhammer Fantasy 9th Edition
More Warhammer Fantasy 9th Edition rumours via Faeit212.
- Warhammer Fantasy 9th Edition & new Starterset next Year
- Starterset becomes “Expansion set” & Mailorder Only special Edition
- Orks & Goblins first 9th editon Armybook
Starter Set of the 9th Edition Warhammer with following content
- simplified Starter Rulebook
“Armies of Warhammer”, simplified Armylists for all
Orks and Goblins Army
- Ork Warboss
- New Goblinwarriors
- Ork Warriors
- Captain of the Empire
- New Spearmen (new Design)
- New Musketeers (new Design)
- New Knights (new Design)
The Set becomes an Expansion with Magic as subject
- Small Booklet with Magic Rules
- Additional Models for Mages and two Regiments
#3 – New Warhammer Fantasy Dwarves
According to Ajota from the Spanish Eye of Terror forums, new Dwarves for Warhammer Fantasy arrive in 2014 (before or after the new Edition for Warhammer Fantasy?).
- OrcCrusher / TBM
- Runic Anvil / War Altar
- Squadron Box Gyrocopters
- Thunderers Box / Crossbow / Dwarf Warriors (10)
- Hammerers Box / Ironbreaker
- Slayers Box / Brotherhood of Grimmir
- Longbeards Box / Rangers”
#4 – Rumour Plausibility Quiz
I am terribly at judging rumours, as it turns out. I don’t post rumours that often, and when I do I often enough fall for the fake ones, or nearly so, often enough.
So I thought I’d try something new ask you guys (and girls?).
Give me your “plausibility-rating” on a scale of 1 (snowball’s chance in hell) to 5 (as certain as rain in Britain) for each of the three rumours above:
- Triumph and Treachery expansion
- Warhammer 9th Edition contents
- Dwarf release boxes
I am looking forward to hear what you think!