Whispers have been about concerning the prices for the Eldar. It appears increasingly certain that the new Wraithknight will indeed be significantly larger than, say, the Tau Riptide. And significantly more expensive, priced at about the level of the current Games Workshop Baneblade tank.
Now, thanks to Mohoc of Dakkadakka, a first price list (in US Dollar) for the coming Eldar release for Warhammer 40K has appeared. Games Workshop isn’t going to go cheap on those!
#1 – Eldar Price List from Dakkadakka
Here is the list that saw today (all prices USD)
Here are the Eldar releasing on June 1st
Eldar Codex – $49.50
Eldar LE Codex – $100
WH40K PSYCHIC POWERS: ELDAR ENG – $7.50
Farseer – $20
Wraithknight – $115
Wraithguard – $50
Hemlock Wraithfighter – $65
Dire Avengers (5 pack) – $35
Battleforce – $115
Windrider Jetbike Squadron – $40
Spiritseer – $19.25
Illic Nightspear – $19.25
IYANDEN: A CODEX ELDAR SUPPLEMENT – $49.50
IYANDEN CODEX SUPPLEMENT SPECIAL EDITION – $85
#2 – Thoughts
At the very least, this list seems to confirm the Eldar release details that appeared earlier today.
If rumours are correct (!), the Winderider Jetbike Squadron will simply be a repackaging of the old Jetbikes, sadly.
- Eldar Wraithknight will indeed be “Baneblade-priced” (which is currently USD 115,50)
- Dire Avengers currently cost USD 37.25 for a box of 10 directly from Games Workshop (US). Soon they’ll be USD 35,- for 5!
- Limited Edition Codex is twice the price of the regular Codex. I am not sure about past US-prices, but that seems a bit steeper.
- Iyanden supplement is as expensive as the Codex itself… holy!
- Eldar Jetbikes currently cost USD 15,- for one. Getting repackaged into a box of 3 will make them more expensive!
That’s a few tough pills to swallow!
What do you think?