Apocalypse 40K is out there. Lizardmen have arrived. What next?
Rumours have it that Space Marines are getting a make-over in September… only 4 weeks time?
Either way, there is a fun batch of rumours over on Warseer concerning the (allegedly upcoming) new incarnation of Space Marines, including a new “super-Terminator” type of armour and a new signature type of (special?) weapons: Gravitation Guns!
Warseer Space Marine Rumours
Up for release in September is the new Codex: Space Marines.
- There will be 7 Ltd Ed varients. 6 of these will be covers for First Founding chapters, whilst the 7th will have Black Templars on the cover.
- New weapon family: Grav weapons. I believe these wound against the armour save (so terminators would be wounded as if they had a toughness of 2).
- First Founding chapters will be getting a substantial section each to themselves, so hopefully this can be looked as as Codex: Space Marines instead of Codex: Ultramarines. This will also show in a rule called Chapter Tactics, for which the effects depend on the chapter being played.
- There is a new armour type that at first glance looks to be somewhere between a terminator and a dreadnought – looking more closely, it appears to go over the marine’s power armour however.
- This new armour can be armed in 2 ways, depending on the user. The devastator version has either a bolter array or missile launchers mounted on the chest armour, whilst the gauntlets can be armed with heavy bolters, lascannons or grav cannons. The assault version has a bolter array or frag launchers mounted on the chest armour, with assault drills mounted on the gauntlets.
- There are 2 new AA tanks. One tank veterans will already be familiar with as the Hunter, armed an AA missile launcher. The other tank mounts 2 tri-barreled turrets instead.
- There is a new tactical squad. Lots of options as you’d expect, but of particular interest will probably be the grav pistol and grav rifle.
- A new plastic Sternguard veteran squad.
- A new plastic Vanguard veteran squad.
- New plastic characters: a captain, a librarian and a chaplain.
Is this a hoax?
I don’t know. It may well be.
- New miniatures for infantry units instead of the obligatory large walker/large kit?
- New miniatures for the default Space Marine box (if the Grav Weapon thing is true)?
- Black Templars rolled into the mix (which GW staff have repeatedly denied)?
Sounds flaky to me. Than again, it may well be true because it is so outrageously different from what we know and seen (and who would make up mad rumours like this?).
Well, let me know what you think!